Popular Slang Words in English Related to Photography, Cameras, and Smartphones

Do you like to be photographed? Or do you prefer to take pictures of the people and things around you? Or maybe you love to take selfies?
In recent years the selfie stick has become popular, and it has made life easier for people who love to take pictures of themselves.
The selfie stick isn’t just a great device for taking selfies; it is also good for taking group photos. Now you don’t have to ask someone to take a picture of you with your best friend when you’re the sea, etc.
Today, we’ll learn a few popular slang words in English connected with photography, cameras, and smartphones.
Expanding your is always beneficial, and it’s good for anyone learning English. This is especially true when it comes to the latest and most popular words.
The word “slang” essentially refers to conversational words and phrases that are used in everyday speech. Such words are usually not used in written form, and they aren’t taught in school.
In English, as in many other languages, slang is especially popular among young people, so it wouldn’t hurt to learn a few slang words and phrases and use them when speaking with your friends and acquaintances in English.

Slang Words Related to Photography

  •         Selfie – (a photo you take of yourself)
  •         Groupie – (like a selfie, but a group of people are in the picture)
  •         Belfie – (a “butt selfie” – a photo you take of your buttocks, especially popular among young women)
  •         Photobomb – (to spoil someone’s photo by unexpectedly appearing in the frame)
  •         Photobomber – (someone who photobombs)
  •         Shutterbug – (American slang referring to someone who loves to take pictures)
  •         Shutter nutter – (British slang having the same meaning as “shutterbug”)
  •         Uncle Bob – (a person who gets in the way of people taking pictures, often because he is taking pictures with his own camera. This is often used in connection with weddings.)
  •         Paparazzi – (paid photographers who follow and take pictures of them)
  •         Pap – (to take pictures of celebrities)
  •         Phablet – (a smartphone with a large screen – “phone + tablet”)
  •         Blower – (British slang word for telephone)
  •         Brick – (a very large mobile phone)
  •         Hotspot – (a place where there is free WiFi, often a café or restaurant)
These are slang words connected with photography. Remember that slang is used only when speaking with friends and people you know. If you use slang in a professional setting or with people you don’t know, they may think that you are rude and ill-mannered.
Finally, I will leave you with this.

Post a Comment